Small Business success with open data
- Newsagencies are being greatly affected by digital transformation with the advent of online newspaper subscriptions, and eMagazines which are now available for download via many local libraries at no cost.
- Newsagencies, particularly in regional and rural areas, perform important community services aside from their core business – what is the true impact of a reduction in their numbers?
Addressing the Business Problem Statement:
- Devise an easy to operate solution, utilising a mix of public, private and social media generated data which combine to inform a Newsagent with simple benchmarking for comparative analysis and simple predictive analysis for informed business decision-making.
Impact of addressing the Business Problem Statement:
- Strong economic growth
- Innovation in small business
- Increased social prosperity
- Increased youth employment
- Workshops commenced 28 January 2015
- Data team has compiled data from multiple sources and provide it to WardyIT and DWS for analytics.
- Collaborators and data contributors include:
- Queensland Government
- Wardy IT
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Tattersalls Group