- This event has passed.
Using data lakes to make data work better – 12 May
May 12, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
ODI Queensland’s May Lunchtime Lecture explores the concept of Data Lakes with guest presenter Ricky Barron, Head of Enterprise Insights, TattsGroup.
Almost everything we do generates data which, if managed well can enable the most extraordinary insights imaginable. However most organisations are challenged with constraints around managing different size, type, format and structure of data.
Come and join us for this timely discussion. Presenter Ricky Barron will share through real life examples how data lakes can help collect, store and publish open datasets – removing the constraints and effort required to model and associate metadata with the data.
The following concepts will be discussed during the presentation:
- Introduce Data Lakes as a concept to enable data analytics and BI
- Big Data and discovery analytics use cases
- The drivers for – and the challenges facing management of data
- Architectural principles and design
- A real-world practical case study
— Stephen Gates (@SGatesHQ) May 12, 2016
— Julie Kilner (@jkliveshere) May 12, 2016
— ODIQueensland (@ODIQueensland) May 12, 2016